Lee Health says it has 78 COVID-19 patients isolated in its hospitals on Thursday. Four deaths were reported on Wednesday.
- As of Thursday morning, there are 78 COVID-19 patients isolated in Lee Health hospitals (inpatient).
- Of these patients, five of them are children being treated at Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida.
- Since Wednesday, there were 12 new COVID-19 hospital admissions and 11 COVID-19 discharges.
- 70% of ventilators and 15% of ICU rooms are available for use. There are 11 COVID-19 patients on ventilators and 22 in the intensive care unit.
- The Thursday morning census was at 86% of the staffed operational bed capacity.
- Since the start of the pandemic, 1,191 patients have died at Lee Health hospitals, with four deaths on Wednesday.
Lee Health offers COVID-19 vaccines for anyone 12 and older at its Community Vaccination Clinic, located inside Gulf Coast Medical Center. It’s open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and there is no cost for the vaccine. Anyone can make an appointment online by visiting www.leehealth.org.