The NFL period is formally down to its last 4 groups and we’re likely to be viewing some extremely common faces.
For the second year in a row, the 49ers, Chiefs and Bengals are all in the conference title spherical. The only newcomer this yr is the Philadelphia Eagles, who are enjoying in the NFC Championship for the very first time since 2017.
The Eagles will be web hosting a 49ers team that knocked off the Cowboys on Sunday continuing Dallas’ 27-yr drought with no a meeting title video game visual appeal.
This the Eagles-49ers sport will be give us a matchup of two of the most productive NFC teams of the 21st century. Such as this yr, the Eagles have now designed it to seven NFC title games, which is the most of any NFC team because 2000. The 49ers are tied for the next-most with six. Despite the fact that they’ve both produced a number of appearances in the NFC tile match more than the earlier two decades, they have in no way played each other.
In the AFC, we’ll be acquiring a scarce rematch. The Bengals-Chiefs activity will mark just the third time around the previous 35 several years that the AFC Championship has been a rematch. The last time it transpired came in 2011-12 (Ravens-Patriots), and prior to that, it hadn’t occurred due to the fact 1986-87 (Browns-Broncos).
The AFC Championship is also a rematch of a game played again in 7 days 13, which was won by the Bengals, 27-24. Cincinnati has performed the Chiefs a few times considering that Jan. 1 2022 and the Bengals have received all 3 games.
With that in intellect, this is a glimpse at the whole postseason schedule and bracket.
Tremendous Wild Card Weekend
Saturday, Jan. 14
(2) 49ers 41-23 above (7) Seahawks. The 49ers obtained a transient scare from the Seahawks on a working day wherever Seattle jumped set to a 17-16 halftime lead. But in the 2nd fifty percent, San Francisco broke the match open with a dominating general performance. Brock Purdy threw for 332 yards though also getting to be the to start with rookie in NFL historical past to whole 4 touchdowns in a playoff game. (Purdy concluded with a few passing touchdowns and a single dashing rating).
(4) Jaguars 31-30 more than (5) Chargers. The Jaguars gained this match by pulling off 1 of the biggest comebacks in NFL record. The Jags fell guiding, 27-, early in the game because of in substantial section to 4 interceptions from Trevor Lawrence, but they rebounded to pull off the gorgeous win, thanks in massive component to Lawrence, who threw 4 touchdown passes.
Sunday, Jan. 15
(2) Expenses 34-31 more than (7) Dolphins. The Dolphins went into this activity as the major underdog in the historical past of the wild-card round (+14) and regardless of individuals odds, they have been still equipped to place a significant scare into the Expenses. In the stop, the Expenditures were being in a position to stave off the upset many thanks to Josh Allen (352 passing yards, 3 touchdowns) and a defense that came up with many big plays, together with two turnovers, 4 sacks and a fourth-down quit that iced the activity with just 2:30 left to participate in.
(6) Giants 31-24 around (3) Vikings. New York was in a position to pull off the upset in Minnesota many thanks to a historical effectiveness from Daniel Jones, who grew to become the Initial QB in NFL playoff heritage to toss for at least 300 and two touchdowns although also including at least 70 yards on the floor. Not only did Jones toss for 301 yards, but he also the game’s main rusher with 78 yards on 17 carries. The get in excess of Minnesota marked the Giants’ first playoff victory given that they conquer the Patriots in Tremendous Bowl XLVI again in February 2012.
(3) Bengals 24-17 above (6) Ravens. The Ravens experienced Cincinnati on the ropes for most of this video game, but the Bengals have been capable to escape with a earn thanks to their protection, which came up with a single of the biggest performs in NFL postseason history. With the Ravens at Cincinnati’s a single-garden line, Tyler Huntley fumbled and Sam Hubbard returned that fumble 98 yards for what ended up getting the game-successful landing.
Monday, Jan. 16
(5) Cowboys 31-14 in excess of (4) Buccaneers. The Cowboys dominated this activity from start off to end, and a big purpose why that occurred was mainly because of Dak Prescott, who had a traditionally big night. The Cowboys QB established a franchise record with five full touchdowns (4 move, a person hurry) when also throwing for 305 yards. The only Cowboys player who struggled in this sport was kicker Brett Maher, who missed an NFL-history 4 added details. The Cowboys will now have to come to a decision if they want to hold him all-around for Sunday’s game in San Francisco.
Saturday, Jan. 21
(1) Chiefs 27-20 over (4) Jaguars. Soon after leaving the activity in the 2nd quarter due to a really serious ankle harm, Patrick Mahomes returned in the second fifty percent to guide the Chiefs to the earn. Actively playing on a single foot did not look to slow him down as he accomplished 10 of 15 passes for 107 yards soon after suffering the damage. The Chiefs’ protection also came up with two key turnovers in the fourth quarter to enable propel Kansas City to its fifth straight AFC title recreation. (1) Eagles 38-7 more than (6) Giants. The Eagles jumped out to a 28- halftime guide and then coasted to the acquire from there. The Eagles ended up capable to pick up the dominating get many thanks to a defense that racked up five sacks and a rushing assault that totaled 268 yards on the ground. Jalen Hurts also experienced a big night time, and extra importantly, his shoulder looked thoroughly healthful as he totaled three touchdowns (two passing and one particular rushing).
Sunday, Jan. 22
(3) Bengals 27-10 over (2) Payments. The Bengals offense place up some large figures, but it was the defense that stole the clearly show in this match. The Bengals limited the Payments to just 10 details, which was Buffalo’s lowest total of the time. Cincinnati’s offense also arrived by means of with a major sport that involved 242 yards and two touchdowns from Joe Burrow together with 105 speeding yards from Joe Mixon. (2) 49ers 19-12 over (5) Cowboys. The 49ers earned their 2nd-straight trip to the NFC Championship by winning a defensive battle with the Cowboys. The 49ers picked off Dak Prescott twice and obtained 6 points off these turnovers, and that proved to be the big difference in the game. Robbie Gould proved to be a substantial weapon for the 49ers, scoring 13 of their 19 details with four discipline objectives and an additional point. Championship Sunday
(2) 49ers at (1) Eagles, 3 p.m. ET (Fox, stream on fuboTV). The NFC’s prime-two seeds will be conference in Philadelphia in what should be a showdown of epic proportions. The Eagles will be displaying up with the NFL’s third-maximum scoring offense from the 2022 period and the 49ers will be wanting to gradual it down with a defense that gave up the fewest factors in the NFL.
(3) Bengals vs. (1) Chiefs 6:30 p.m. ET (CBS, stream on Paramount+). The Chiefs will get yet another crack at taking down a Bengals staff they just haven’t been in a position to beat. Considering the fact that January 2022, the Chiefs have long gone -3 in opposition to the Bengals, like a reduction in previous year’s AFC title sport. This will sport will mark the initial rematch in the AFC Championship since the Ravens-Patriots in 2011 and 2012. Super Bowl LVII
AFC Winner vs. NFC Winner at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, 6:30 p.m. ET (Fox, stream on fuboTV)